Friday, August 12, 2011

Can my lifestyle changes help me avoid liver cirrhosis and transplantation?

through my ultrasound there is a possiility that I have NASH, which is fatty liver with inflammation (non-alcoholic). I've asked a few gastroenterologists and they think it's probably attributed to my high cholesterol (not obese) so they want me to lose weight, eat right and exercise which I have been doing. So now I'm at my ideal weight and I feel good having this change of lifestyle with less excess fat. I'm sure I have done good to my liver. I was told this condition can be resolved if you live healthy. However I've read that someone said on yahoo answers that this condition will ultimately need a liver transplantation. Is this true for everyone? Or does it apply to people who do not follow their doctor's orders and continue to harm their liver. I really do not want any type of liver transplant or cirrhosis in my future period, but i'd like to know if my dietary/lifestyle changes has definitely prevented me from doing so?

No comments:

Post a Comment