Friday, August 12, 2011

Why do people expect everyone to feel sorry for them when they were living beyond their means, had a job but j?

You went to college with the wrong intentions, like me and other people do. You went because of the promise to make a lot of money. You thought with this degree, I can make a load of money, more than someone with a high school diploma. Well, it is not always like that here in the U.S.A. Where I work in Los Angeles, the jobs are either for those with high school diplomas and GED or those with Master and Doctorate degrees. Hardly any jobs with just a Bachelors degree. My boyfriend who has a Bachelors in Psychology can't get a job where I work. You know what, he is doing a job a person with just a high school diploma and experience can do. I don't have my degree yet but I'm still going to work on it because of the career I want, not money. What employers look for in candidates is job experience. A lot of college students never work during their 4 years at college, or they never attempt to get internships pertaining to the career they want. I was lucky to have experience in high school working as a Human Resources Student Secretary during all my summers. Although I was interested in Psychology and Early Childhood Education, I also became interested in Human Resources/Personnel and plan to have a career in that area in the future. Right now I want a career as a Paralegal and plan on gettting a degree in Paralegal studies. Paralegals make a lot of money approximately $60,000-70,000 or more a year. The economy is bad right now and a lot of jobs are laying off people, and would explain why they are on uemployment. I know it's tough hang in there. It took me years before I landed a permanent job. I've only been working permanent for only a year, before that I was doing intermittent and temporary work and barely making enough to take care of myself. But now I plan on buying a car (I just got my license too and I'm 26) and plan on moving out of my parents home. It is hard right now, stay close with your friends and family to help you get through this tough time, ok. Good Luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment